My elevator pitch
Champion of Community and Social Media tools and technologies with a track record of creating, implementing, and operating successful global social support teams. Skilled in analyzing market trends and customer needs while providing actionable insights to cross-functional stakeholders.
School is cool
B.A.S. in Sound Arts 2011-2013
Ex'pression Student Alliance, Ex'pression Peer Mentoring Program, Audio Engineering Society (AES), American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)
Graduated with Salutatorian Honors
March 2019 - Present
- Responsible for community platform design, implementation, optimization, and maintenance
- Collaborated with vendors to implement community software
- Launched the Pandora Community with the framework to support its growing member base
- Developed content, superuser, and MVP programs to engage and empower the community
- Measured and drove key metrics to ensure peak performance and a high return on investment across community
Supervisor, Community Team
March 2017 - March 2019
San Francisco, CA
- Frequently reaching out and engaging with Fitbit's customers, fostering a sense of excitement about the organization with our supported community/social/consumer review channels, and reacting quickly and efficiently to unexpected situations.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of our 660,000+ registered users Community forum space in eight different languages, Social Support channels including Twitter (195k followers), Facebook (2.6M likes) & Instagram (602k followers), and global consumer/mobile app reviews channels including Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Kohl's, iOS App Store, Google Play, Windows, and more.
- Manage a team of three Community Specialists in SF and teams at scale in our global vendor partners.
- I strategize and implement member engagement tactics, usage of content, and scalable Community/Social Support programs based on data.
- Manage our superuser group, the Community Council, a group of Fitbit evangelists who are passionate about the Fitbit brand.
- Work closely with our Analytics Team to create and manage Tableau reports with Snowflake hosted data.
- I keep our customers informed on the latest changes to Fitbit products and maintain Guidelines for a respectful forum/social space.
- Work in Lithium Technologies Forums/Lithium Social Media Management and have experience with Salesforce Community Cloud.
- Create content for self-service support which provides Community ROI.
- Manage tickets in JIRA & use Confluence for reporting and for building internal resources.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams on Community/Social data to make customer-focused decisions for the business.
Community/Social Media Specialist
June 2015 - March 2017
San Francisco, CA
- Responded to general and technical inquiries on the Fitbit Community, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, and additional social channels as needed.
- Fostered and built on relationships with community superusers, creators, and influencers.
- Provided real-time social listening, moderation, and support for Fitbit products and customer engagement initiatives.
- Was responsible for managing Fitbit product releases for the Community forums and relaying the customer voice to executives and stakeholders.
- Reported on community health and success, analyzed quantitative and qualitative feedback to identify trends and insights into customer needs using community and social media analytics tools by Lithium Technologies.
- Identified and communicated bug escalations and customer feedback to Product Teams while leveraging Community/Social metrics to improve our customers' experience.
- Crafted messaging for public-facing channels and communicate with PR/Legal for assistance with high profile issues.
- Identified and appropriately handled content in violation of our Community Guidelines by following established moderation procedures.
- Coordinated language translations for our international communities.
- Created processes for expansion of consumer review support for Android's Google Play Store.
- Interviewed internal and external candidates.
Tier II Technical Customer Support
December 2014 - June 2015
San Francisco, CA
- Worked with external clients to perform advanced tier II troubleshooting via email, phone, and live-chat for customers in the U.S., Canada, UK, AU/NZ, EU, and abroad.
- Researched customer refund claims, associating Force trackers submitted with missing serial numbers to Fitbit.com accounts, authorizing escalated claims, reviewing one-off claims, corporate wellness claims, outreach to customers who submitted non-eligible devices and extensive knowledge of the recall process.
- Utilized tools such as Salesforce, Atlassian JIRA, Atlassian Confluence, Dutch, CAT (Commerce Admin Tool), TalkDesk, Avaya, Google Docs, Word, Excel, and more to manage and respond to customer inquiries, ticket tracking, generate/track RMA's and more.
- Participated in training and side-by-side mentoring of new Tier two agents.
- Chat support of Tier one agents via Hipchat.
- Supported Spanish language cases.
- Provided fault reproduction and troubleshooting to assist with bug tracking in JIRA and resolution. Assisting in beta and site testing. Proactively identify and suggest process improvements to the internal team.
San Francisco 49ers
August 2014 - August 2014
Santa Clara, CA
- Responsible for branding & setup of the Pepsi 22x20 L Mobile Stage at the Faithful Mile tailgate party at Levi's Stadium for the San Francisco 49ers.
- Installed power, lighting, and all audio into the stage.
- Trained stadium staff to set up, operate and strike stage after shows.
- Coordinated with bands, DJ's, 49ers Gold Rush, Niner Noise, event planners and emcee of tailgate event, Michael Kennedy during the 2014-15 NFL season.
Event Technology Specialist III
October 2013 - May 2014
San Francisco, CA
- Setup, removed, and operated audiovisual equipment, ranging from projectors, screens, conference phone systems, audio consoles, lighting consoles, video switchers, microphones, lights, PA’s, and more in a 5-star hotel while responding to daily issues/requests from clients as authorized.
- Cross-trained employees, managed Local-16 union employees, multi-tasked in a fast-paced environment, handled time-sensitive information, assessed problems and developed solutions following policy and procedures.
- Managed events calendar for the hotel.
- Distributing electronic internal and external communications; phone coverage, filing, and printing documents, routing correspondence and occasional ad hoc projects.
- Maintained relevant database records, prepared reports and statistical gear/client information.
- Member of a team that assisted PSAV to turn scores from 20% customer satisfaction in one quarter to 100% customer satisfaction the next.
- Proactively contributed to team with new ideas and challenges while coordinating and managing projects as they arose.
Director Global Support Operations
Social CS & Community